Call (206) 598-4225 or visit the clinic website to schedule an appointment.
The Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility provides comprehensive care to men and women who desire pregnancy, cancer patients who wish to pursue family planning, as well as women seeking treatment for endocrine disorders which affect the reproductive system.
Our providers also partner with medical genetics, pediatrics and medical endocrinology to treat patients with endocrine disorders that disrupt gonadal function, as well as local oncologists at SCCA, Seattle Children’s Hospital, and other UW affiliate institutions to assist with the management of female reproductive function and family planning in the context of a cancer diagnosis and the need for transplant services.
What we do
Our clinical team provides evidence-based care, driven by our faculty's continued engagement in education and leading-edge scientific clinical and basic research. Our focus is patient-centered customized, comprehensive, multidisciplinary care for individuals with endocrine and fertility disorders in an environment that affords ample time with nationally recognized specialists in reproductive medicine.
As a part of UW Medicine, our program is a community leader in providing affordable, accessible care to a diverse patient population diagnosed with cancer or experiencing infertility, recurrent pregnancy loss, polycystic ovarian syndrome, premature ovarian failure and other disorders of ovulation and menstruation.
Our faculty in the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility are:
- Ginny Ryan, MD, MA
- Christopher Herndon, MD
- Emalee Danforth, CNM
- Mary Sienkiewicz, ARNP
- Rachel Whynott, MD, FACOG
Their work, and patients' family-building process, is strongly supported by:
- Michael Britt, Senior Embryologist
- Sangita Jindal, Ph.D, HCLD, Professor & IVF Lab Director President-Elect, Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART)
- Eliza Curnow, Embryologist
- Amy Sullivan, Embryologist/Andrologist
- Ali Sundet, Clinic Manager
- Darla Bacus, Clinic Nurse Manager
- To provide exceptional, personalized, evidence-based care through a patient and family centered approach utilizing onsite services, including: social services, nutrition, male fertility specialists, gamete and embryo storage facilities, and immediate access to pharmacy and medical laboratory services.
- To assist with the management of endocrine and reproductive tract disorders that disrupt reproductive function and fertility.
- To provide excellence in oncofertility care for the Seattle Community and WWAMI region at large.
- To be a premier center for education and research excellence in reproductive health and science.
- To educate the next generation of leaders in reproductive endocrinology and fertility
Our signature services include:
- Infertility and family planning
- Oncoreproductive health and oncofertility management
- Reproductive health and nutrition
- Reproductive health and hormone management for menopausal women
- Excellence in imaging studies focused on the evaluation of the reproductive tract (i.e. HSG, SIS, pelvic ultrasounds)
- Genetic disease and reproduction
- Endocrine disorders which impact reproductive function
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- Same-sex and single partner fertility care
- Reproduction utilizing donor gametes
- Elective fertility preservation (gamete/embryo cryopreservation)
- Surgical management of Mullerian anomalies
- Surgery focused on restoration of the reproductive tract in the context of fertility optimization
Where we are
University Reproductive Care
Our primary site of practice is University Reproductive Care in the UWMC Roosevelt Clinic. The Roosevelt clinic houses our IVF lab and procedure suite, as well as our other on-site services which include:
- Social services
- Male fertility specialists
- Male fertility lab
- Embryo and gamete storage
- Financial consultant
- Laboratory services