We offer comprehensive care for patients with pelvic floor disorders, including pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, accidental bowel leakage, recurrent urinary tract infections, mesh complications and urogenital and rectovaginal fistulas.
We offer pelvic reconstructive surgery for those with congenital or acquired conditions, including post-radiation vaginal stenosis and congenital Mullerian anomalies. We offer consultative services for patients seeking gender affirming surgeries.
We practice collaboratively with Female Urology, General Urology, Colorectal Surgery, Gastroenterology, Radiology and Physical Therapy to provide the highest quality of care for our patients.
As experts in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, we are proud of the care we provide. We work closely with every patient to provide the best evidence-based surgical and non-surgical treatment options. We are high-volume and multi-modal surgeons and provide a wide range of surgical options care for patients (native-tissue versus mesh-based surgery, hysterectomy versus uterus-preserving surgery) that is tailored to the patient's goals.
We are leaders in the medical and surgical treatment of women with pelvic floor disorders and excel in our roles as mentors and educators.
Our faculty in the Division of Urogynecology are:
- Olivia Chang, MD, MPH, FACOG
- Michael F. Fialkow, MD, MPH
- Amanda Heep, ARNP
- Anna C. Kirby, MD, MAS
- Blair Washington, MD, MHA, FACOG, FACS
As part of the Pelvic Health Center, we are part of a team dedicated to providing the best pelvic care possible for our patients before, during and after their visit.
To provide high-quality patient-centered care with excellent treatment outcomes
To train and educate the next generation of ob/gyn surgeons
To be national leaders in our field
What We Do
Our treatment options for pelvic disorders range from behavioral changes, physical therapy, medications and surgery. We provide minimally-invasive surgical treatment options including vaginal surgery, laparoscopic and robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery.
Our comprehensive program offers individualized care and support during evaluation and surgical and nonsurgical management.
Pelvic Health Care
We offer complete pelvic health care, including:
- Percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation
- Peripheral nerve evaluation
Surgeries for prolapse:
- Anterior repairs / cystocele repairs
- Posterior repairs / rectocele repairs
- Uterosacral ligament suspensions
- Sacrospinous ligament suspensions
Minimally invasive sacrocolpopexy
- Mesh and non-mesh prolapse surgeries
- Uterine-preserving / hysteropexy surgeries
Surgeries and procedures for urinary incontinence
- Midurethral slings with mesh
- Burch urethropexies
- Pubovaginal / fascial slings
- Transurethral bulking injections
- Bladder Botox injections
- Sacral neuromodulation
Surgeries and procedures for fecal incontinence
- Anal sphincteroplasty
- Sacral neuromodulation
Surgeries for pelvic reconstruction
- Simple partial vulvectomy / labiaplasty
- Vaginal septum resection
- Vaginal reconstructive surgery for stenosis due to post-radiation, lichen planus or lichen sclerosis
- Gender affirming surgeries including hysterectomy, vaginectomy, vaginoplasty
Complications associated with mesh
- Complete and partial mesh excision
Surgeries for urogenital and rectovaginal fistula
- Vesicovaginal fistula repair
- Rectovaginal fistula repair
Where We Are
We perform surgery at the UW Medical Center - Northwest main operating room as well as at the UW Northwest Outpatient Surgery Center.
For administrative assistance, our Division Coordinator can be reached at (206) 685-8155.
For any clinical related concerns, our Northwest team can be reached at (206) 668-4477.