OB/GYN Grand Rounds Participation (one category 1 credit-hr/one-hr lecture): Each physician should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Upon completion of OB/GYN Grand Rounds participation, participants should be able to:
- Recognize new diagnostic and treatment modalities
- Gain familiarity and knowledge from the information offered on women's health care
- Describe methods of primary care for selected disease
Women's Health Update
March 26-27, 2020
Our Women’s Health Care Update is intended to address the target audiences of UW and community-based physicians and providers, residents, fellows, hospitalists, and allied health professionals, all who practice in the area of primary health care for women.
This conference is an annual update for women’s health care providers on current topics relevant to women’s health. The topics are selected from suggestions from previous course attendees, areas with substantial change, and controversial subjects where medical opinions may differ. The purpose is to provide a clinical update for providers who care for women in an outpatient setting. The format is a series of short lectures followed by question-and-answer sessions.
- Anticipate changes in sexuality over the life course and provide counseling for common issues.
- Manage musculoskeletal symptoms in pregnancy.
- Provide management of common peripartum mental health issues.
- Apply recommendations regarding screening for breast cancer, especially for women with dense breasts.
- Discuss evidence-based recommendations for annual well woman exam.
- Assist in reproductive life planning including fertility evaluation, and complex contraception needs.
- Manage abnormal uterine bleeding and postmenopausal bleeding without immediate referral to specialist.
- Review expanded recommendations for HPV vaccine.
- Apply new evidence to daily clinical practice.