Membership in Local and National Organizations
The UW Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology supports and encourages membership in local and national organizations such as the following. Let senior members in the department know of your interests and how we can support you in membership applications.
Work Life Balance Support
There is a myriad of institutional, local, and national resources for improving well-being as a clinician academician. A short list can be found here.
- UW School of Medicine Well-Being Support
- UW Medicine Peer to Peer Program
- UW Medicine Work/Life Integration
- Stanford Medicine Work-Life
- Work-Life Balance Solutions for Physicians - It's All About You, Your Work and Others
- Positive Thinking and Meditation:
Opportunities for Participation
The Chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology welcomes participation in departmental teaching and committee work. Ask your division chief on how you can take time to participate. Some possibilities include:
- DEI Committee: Lisa Callegari, MD, MPH and Shani Delaney, MD
- Lifecycles: Alyssa Stephenson-Famy, MD
- Medical Student Lectures: Vicki Mendiratta, MD
- Resident Simulation Education: Michael Fialkow, MD, MPH and Renata Urban, MD
- Resident Lectures: Mallory Kremer, MD
- Pelvic Exam Modules: Michael Fialkow, MD, MPH
- Quality Improvement Committees PSQC, PERT: Jane Hitti, MD, MPH
- Wellness Committee: Catherine Albright, MD, MS and Alson Burke, MD
Scholarly advancement is encouraged. Becoming a leader in your community, participating on department, hospital, and SOM committees and contributing to teaching are all components for advancement. Guidelines for the UW CV format and advancement criteria follow.