The U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings are in and we are pleased to share that UW Medical Center is ranked the No. 1 hospital in Washington state and the Seattle metro area for the ninth consecutive year. The results are now live on the U.S. News website.
This year nine specialties made the top-50 national rankings, with several that achieved higher rankings from last year. OB/GYN achieved a higher ranking, landing at No. 23.
- Rehabilitation Medicine: No. 5 (same) (joint program with Harborview Medical Center)
- Cancer Care: No. 9 (higher) (provided through the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance)
- Diabetes & Endocrinology: No. 9 (lower, No. 8 last year)
- Ear, Nose & Threat: No. 19 (higher)
- Gynecology: No. 23 (higher)
- Orthopedics: No. 42 (tie) (higher)
- Pulmonology & Lung Surgery: No. 47 (tie) (higher)
- Nephrology: No. 49 (higher)
- Geriatrics: No. 50 (lower)