Sheridan Women's Clinic is a busy women's health practice offering a full range of primary and specialty care. The practice is fairly evenly divided between obstetrical and gynecologic patients. Because of our semi-rural location, we provide extensive high risk pregnancy care, performing over 400 deliveries a year. We have state of the art ultrasound and perform level II studies on every prenatal patient. we offer in-office hysteroscopy, endometrial ablation, and cystometrics.
As part of your credentialing paperwork you will need to provide immunization records, which must include your MMR, TDAP, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Influenza (if onsight October 1- March 31) and a 2 step TB placement test, which can be retrieved via CastleBranch (see How to access your compliance documents).
Prior to arrival, students will need to send the following forms to Britney Varner:
- Human resources paperwork completed
- Medical Staff Preceptee Policy and Acknowledgement
- Employee Health Paperwork
- Immunization records (as referenced above)
- Head shot photo for name badge (jpeg or similar)
- Safety/HIPAA Compliance training modules - students will be contacted directly via email with an online link and login information for the training modules.
- Drug Testing: This site requires drug testing as apart of their credentialing requirements. According to the SOM drug testing policy, all drug testing needs to be done through the SOM. Please go to the SOM Compliance drug testing webpage where they can order a drug test online: https://www.uwmedicine.org/education/Pages/Drug-Testing-for-Select-Clerkship-Rotations.aspx
- Credentialing Paperwork
We perform several major and minor operative procedures each week. The vast majority of hysterectomies are done either vaginally or laparoscopically. We have an active urogynecologic surgical practice as well.
Before Your Rotation
Please make sure you complete the required paperwork (see above) and submit to Britney no later than 15 days prior to your start date. Britney will touch base with students a few weeks prior to the start of the rotation with a schedule for the first day. She generally meets students at the front desk on the first day of the clerkship to give students a tour of the facility and get students to their orientation meetings.
Every Monday students will be expected to attend didactics (tumor board lectures, etc). Once a month the Sheridan Women's Clinic holds a luncheon to discuss various topics. Students will have the opportunity to participate and/or lead the discussion.
Transportation & Housing
For information about the housing, please contact Britney. This site may be able to accommodate students with families with enough advanced notice. Students need to provide their own vehicle for this clerkship.