Student experience will involve learning in the clinic seeing a wide variety of OB/GYN patients. They will have the opportunity to work with all four OBGYNs in town and will be able to help with as many deliveries as they would like. they will have the opportunity to assist in outpatient surgeries, as well as in patient care.
Students will be at St. Peter's Hospital for the majority of surgical and L&D experience. Time will be spent in the OR assisting with surgeries. Students will be able to follow patients in the hospital that they have admitted, round on them in the mornings.
Please complete the paper for Helena SurgiCenter in addition to the paperwork for St. Peter's Hospital and submit to Cindy Harlan along with your criminal background check and letter of good standing (available via E*Value) and immunization records at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the rotation.
To be submitted 4 weeks prior to start of clerkship:
Cindy Harlan (Credentialing Contact for St. Peter's)
Heather Lambott, RN (Credentialing Contact for SurgiCenter)
Chris Kiser (he manages all housing in Helena)
Partner's in Pediatrics, Office Manager
Students will be expected to attend physician CME, Grand Rounds, Tumor Board, etc at the hospital.
Transportation & Housing
Students will be staying in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment that is shared with students on Pediatric and Psychiatry clerkship rotations in Helena. Students will need to provide their own vehicle.
Stats on Apartment:
• 2 bedroom, 2 bath, Kitchen/dining area, Living room, 1 car garage
• Overlooks Capital building
• No Pets
• 1 mile to Partners in Pediatrics office and St. Peter’s Hospital (adjacent to each other)
• 1 mile to Cooperative Health Center and Lewis and Clark County Health Department (adjacent to each other)
• 1.5 miles to Shodair Children’s Hospital
• 0.5 mile to grocery, pharmacy, laundry
• 1 mile to Walking Mall (dining, shopping, entertainment)
• Helena Area Transit Service (no stop near apartment): http://www.ci.helena.mt.us/index.php?id=393
• Area guide: http://helena.journalgraphicsdigital.com/current/
• Many nearby hiking/biking/jogging trails: http://helenamontanamaps.org/trails/
Google Map of locations: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214775692471701787708.0004c869076b3ad262a3e&msa=0&ll=46.588774,-112.008104&spn=0.014982,0.042272&iwloc=0004c869