Established in 1948, we are a clinical department of the University of Washington School of Medicine, which is a part of UW Medicine.
Our 100 clinical and research faculty, 40 medical trainees, and 60 staff invite you to discover what makes us the No. 1 Gynecology specialty program in Washington State and the five-state WWAMI region of Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho. We are ranked among the top 40 Gynecology specialties in the country, according to the 2019 U.S. News & World Report.
As the premier teaching hospital in the WWAMI region, we prioritize educational opportunities using cutting-edge technology, research, and evidence-based patient care.
In 2019, we became a designated Pilot Site for Building Better Clinical Experiences, an honor awarded by the Society of Teachers in Family Medicine.
Our multidisciplinary and patient-centered approach allows us to provide exceptional care for both routine and highly complex medical problems. Our full spectrum care includes adolescent gynecology, family planning, wellness and preventive services through late adulthood, care for normal and high-risk pregnancies, treatment for complicated medical conditions such as breast and gynecologic cancers and pelvic health disorders such as incontinence.
Sites of practice
Our 18 sites of clinical practice include Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, Northwest Hospital, VA Puget Sound, Seattle Children’s Hospital, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, and UW Neighborhood Clinics.
We have telemedicine programs and outreach clinics in Arlington, Olympia, Yakima, and Richland (TRIOS). We also offer the convenient TeleOB Program at select UW Neighborhood Clinics.
Values in action
- Treat people with respect and compassion
- Embrace diversity, equity and inclusion
- Encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Promote innovation through national leadership
- Provide excellence in clinical care, research and education
- Educate and mentor the next generation of healthcare providers and scientists
- Lead in creative interdisciplinary clinical care and research
- Provide advocacy and education for the community we serve
- Promote equitable access to healthcare